Ants are an intelligent species that report back to their army when they’ve found a source of food. Once they believe that they have found a source of sustenance, they will continue to return to hunt for more, arriving in greater and greater numbers.
There are some tactics that you can use to prevent an ant infestation, and these include:
- Keeping a clean environment, especially when it is an environment where food can be found.
- Clearing up spills promptly, especially when the substance is sweet.
- Sealing all cracks that could act as entry points for ants.
Even if you are diligent as a homeowner, there is the potential that you will experience an ant infestation. In that instance, a professional should be brought in to treat the issue. They will focus on the following:
- Finding and blocking the entry points that the ants are using so they no longer have access to the home.
- Treating the area so that the ants currently living in the home cannot take up permanent residence.
- Treatment of wall voids inside the home so that existing ants, even those that are hidden from site, are eliminated.
- Eliminating the ant hills so no other members of the population can find their way inside.
Once ants have been removed once, homeowners do still need to be diligent in order to prevent them from returning.
Call us today to discuss your ant problem with a pest control professional- 1300 114 093